Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Embellish Challenge -- Spring


Embellish Online Magazine has color challenges you can participate in.   Click on the image to link to their blog.
The thing I love about color challenges is that they force you to try something you might not normally try. I tried a couple of different projects but the Spring theme kept tripping me up. Finally I went with Easter and came up with a cute little card I will give my daughter on Easter morning.

Rules:  Use Colors listed in the Challenge and Keep to the theme. 

In this case I used all Stampin Up products (as always).

Colors used are: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron and Pirouette Pink. 

Also used were Whisper White paper and Chocolate Chip Ink.

 I used an old Easter stamp set only because I do not have any others but I love it, it is so cute.  The eggs I made from paper and the small oval punch. 
The inside of the card

This was my first attempt.  My major problem with this card is I did not find any good use for the yellow.  When I added it it felt slapped on so also it did not really fit in with my image of a spring theme so I changed it to a birthday card.




Thanks for Visiting.

Janet Y

10 comments:

  1. Very nice take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is adorable!!! I definitely love the cute bunny image! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card Janet! Darling bunny - love the patterned paper. The chick is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little card! Love the speckeld eggs and cute bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both cards Janet. The eggs look great and I love the paper-pieced bunny. The flower is so pretty on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable....and those eggs are just like the ones in the picture.....awesome!!! Great take on this challenge!!!

    www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this fun take on the Challenge!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Your easter card is SO stinking cute! I love the cute bunny! Your second (or first!) card is beautiful too! Hope you have a great week! Hugs from Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Both of your cards are awesome! Love those eggs and that cute bunny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...