Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sneak Peek Part 3 -- Gift Box and Tutorial

I don't do tutorials very often but this box was super easy and can be made small or large. I am sure there is another tutorial some where with a box that is similar (or exactly the same) but this is my take on it.
As you can see there is some rather lovely glitter paper on this project and I already have more on my wish list. The ornaments on the top are from the new Stamp Set Ornament Keepsakes and of course what's a wonderful new set without some great Framelits Dies to go with it. 

The box is a 3x3 gift box with dividers inside so you can give candies or hand sanitizers or what ever you can think up! It is super simple to make and takes on piece of 12x12 and one piece of          5 1/8 x 5 1/8.

I apologize for the picture quality; I was having some camera issues today!

Start with a 9x9 sheet of paper and score at 3" and 6" on both sides. (keep the extra paper from your original 12x12 sheet, you will need it)

 Once you have scored the horizontal/vertical lines it is time to score the four corners with the diagonal plate. 

If you are going to stamp the outside of the box now is the time!
 For the lid you will need a 5 1/8" x 5 1/8" square piece,  score all sides at 1" and cut tabs in  corners as shown.

If you are going to stamp the lid, now is the time.
 with the left over pieces from the 12x12 sheet cut two pieces 9"x 3" and score both at 1 1/2",    4 1/2",  and 7 1/2".

you will have to fold at the 4 1/2" mark for the next cut.
While folded cut the first piece from the top down to 2" and the second piece from the bottom up 2 1/2".  I used my snips to make the cuts a tiny bit wider. 

Once those cuts are made fold the pieces along the other scored marks.

Slide the pieces together as shown and you now have an insert for the box.  This will add stability to the box and give you some cute little compartments in the box.

Now you will need to use some strong adhesive to adhere the box together.  Fold along all of the score lines including the diagonal lines as shown. 


 Add adhesive to the tabs on the lid and fold along the score lines.  I cute the tabs at a small diagonal so none of them show. 
All the pieces are assembled, now put the dividers inside the box and the lid on top

Decorate as you see fit. 




Thanks for looking!

Janet Y




1 comment:

  1. Janet, thankyou so much for taking the time to put this tutorial together to share with us. I can't wait to go and make one now! I mean it, I headed to my craft room right now with my cup of coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...