Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

If you live in Canada then you know that this is a long weekend!  Thanksgiving long weekend!  A wonderful Fall tradition of Turkey, Pumpkin Pie and Family.  Autumn is one of my favourite times of year.  The colours are amazing and it makes for really great crafting.  Weather you are making cards or a scrapbook page, leaves are a great embellishment!   I made a card back in August using the baby wipe technique on the leaves.  Well I loved those leaves so much I had to do it again! 

I also love the new "Core'dinations Card Stock"  here you will see the Early Espresso. This card stock has a monochroamatic core that when cut, ripped or sanded you will see and makes a wonderful effect!

In this card I have used the Woodgrain Embossing folder with the Card Stock and then sanded it down to really bring out the Woodgrain look. 


The base is Crumb Cake as is the label.  I used Hemp twine (unfortunately it is retired) and the naturals Buttons from the current catalogue.  The leaves are from the Gently Falling Stamp Set.  The Sentiment is from the Thankful For.. stamp set that is now retired.

To create the leaves I folded a wet baby wipe into a square and dropped ink into it. I used Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight re-inkers.  I also added the crystal effects but I am not sure they show up in the photos.
 
Anyway,  Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian followers!  Hope you have a great, fun filled, food filled and family filled long weekend!
 
Take care and Thanks for looking!


Janet Y

janetyates@shaw.ca

3 comments:

  1. This is totally awesome and beautiful and amazing!! I love the richness of the colors and that background it perfect!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #79 with a link back to your blog on 10-7-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Have a great day!!
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiffany! I am so happy you like my card and I am super excited to be featured on your blog! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. very cute card, love the woodgrain with the Core'dinations paper! And how I wish we still could use the great Happy Thanksgiving sentiment from the Thankful for...sentiment. What a lovely font and a great greeting! I saw your post on the My Crafty Picks blog...thanks for sharing! Jan Hoyt O'Fallon, IL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...