Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Valentines Sliding Treat Holder - Tutorial

I have been thinking about how to give my kids some cute Valentines gifts this year and one of my ideas was a Pez dispenser.  I came up with this sliding treat holder.   Hope you like it! :)



Supplies

Real Red Card Stock
Adhesive|
Heart Punch or Framelit
Stamps, Ribbon, DSP
Paper Cutter


You will need the following sizes of Real Red for the base.

5 1/4" x 4 3/8"

6 3/4" x 3 1/2"

1" x 10"


Score the 5 1/4" x 4 3/8" piece at
1/2, 1 3/4, 2 7/8, 4 1/8 on the long side.

Score the 6 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece at
1 1/4 on all sides.

Score the 1" x 10" at every inch.

Once you have the pieces scored you can assemble them as you see to the right.

Hint -- Decorate the outer 5 1/4 x 4 3/8 sleeve before you glue that piece together.










This is the inside piece.  Using the long 10" x 1" piece I created slots for my candies.  I adhered this in to the open box 6 3/4 x 3 1/2 piece.







For the top piece or the "pull" I used a small scrap piece of Real Red measuring 1/4" x 3".  I then folded it into a W (scoring at about 1, 1 1/2 and 2.





I glued this small piece on to the top of my insert and made sure to fold part of it into the top as you see to the right so it would not just pop off when you pulled on it.
From a different angle you can see the small lip I created to attach the heart to.
I have no idea why I took this picture upside down but I forgot to flip it in editing so there you go!  The Hearts attach to the small lip, one on either side.









Below is the finished product.  You just fill with treats (I used Kisses) and give to your Valentine!
 
 
Don't forget Sale-a-Bration is on right now!  Click below to see how you can get FREE stuff!!
 
 
 
 
Have a great Day!!!
Janet Y
janetyates@shaw.ca 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...