Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Chalk It UP!

Time is flying by and I cannot believe it is almost the middle of February already!!  Do you have your Valentines ready??  I am almost there.  My oldest daughter now wants to create her own Valentines so we have a date tonight to have some fun with punches and stamps!  I am looking forward to watching her create. 

So on with my post.  I don't know if you have noticed but Chalk is all the rage these days and there have been some really great cards using this technique.  I found a great little tutorial from Becky Roberts at Inking Idaho that shows you how to make a piece of black cardstock look just like a chalkboard.  To see her tutorial Click Here.

For my take on this I wanted to create a card that showcased the chalkboard to my club girls.  My thought was that you could create a great School Days Scrapbook page or teacher card.  So I dug out a stamp from a couple of years ago and created a Thank you for teachers.


I used simple bright colours that I thought really made the board pop!  The white gel pen around the edge  and the little pennant banner finish it off.  This was a super simple card that I think will be great for a teacher at the end of the year. 

 
 
SENT WITH LOVE
 
Sent With Love
 
 
 
Have a great Day!!!
Janet Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...