Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Are you ready for St. Patty's Day?

It is just one week to Saint Patrick's Day and although our Irish side is pretty small we still wear our best green and drink green beer (while my husband does anyway).  I found these really great punch art Leprechauns on Pinterest last summer and now I finally get to use them.   I made some treats for my club girls and for my day home kids.  Let me know what you think.

For the top of the baggie I used a Top Note Die folded in half, cut in Whisper White and sponged around the edge in Gumball Green.  I stamped the "Lucky you" from the set Afterthoughts* and "Happy St. Patrick's Day" from Teeny Tiny Wishes. 



Punches I used:
1 1/4" Circle (head)
1" Circle (hat)
Word Window (band on hat and brim)
Scallop Circle Punch (Hair/Beard)
5 Petal Flower (moustache)*
Confetti from Cupcake Builder Punch
   (Eyes/Nose)

I used a white Gel Pen for the eyes and some retired glimmer brads* for the decoration on the hat.   Don't have glimmer brads you say ... Then use the extra large rhinestones in the Spring Mini and colour them with a green sharpie!

Card stock used was Tangerine Tango, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla and Basic Black.

* These items are retired.

Below is the original design/post by Crystal Boling.  What a great treat!  I did not have any peppermint patties but I had some chocolate gold coins and skittles so I thought; Rainbow and Pot of Gold!  Fun.

Enjoy your week and remember next Sunday is Saint Patty's Day!  How are you spending your day?  

Janet Y

janetyates@shaw.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...