Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Easter Treats .. only 3 weeks away!

It's that time of year in Calgary where we get great warm days followed by crazy snow storms!  There is snowdrifts and sunshine creating mucky yards and road.   It feels like spring but not in that flowers and rain way everyone usually associates with spring.   That being said I love the warm sun and the idea of green grass even if it is not yet reality.   Easter is another major indicator that winter is ending and the days of pools and BBQ's are just ahead (although we BBQ in -20C around here).   I love to get creative at Easter time.  There are such fun goodies to play with.  Pinterest is full of awesome ideas for making your sweets not only taste good but fun to look at too.  One old standby is the Easter basket.   I recreated a little basket with the Scallop Envelope Die similar to one I saw on Pinterest.

Let me know what you think.


Using the Scallop Envelope Die for the Big Shot I cut 4 Daffodil Delight Envelopes and glued the edges together. I used a 3 1/4" square for the bottom and glued the bottom of each envelope to it.  I also ran all of them through the Lattice Embossing Folder before I glued them together.  I also cut 4 Mambo Melon Envelopes (just the tops) and glued them under the Daffodil folds to highlight the scallop.   The Handle is a 1/2" of Daffodil layered with a Melon Mambo Dotted Scalloped Ribbon. 

The card is on Whisper White cardstock and sprtized with Daffodil Delight.  I cut the front side of the card down to 3" and added a Daffodil delight border.   I then used Spring Sampler Stamp set from the Spring Mini to make the cute Postage Stamps.   The Sentiment is stamped in Old Olive and is form Teeny Tiny Wishes. 
I used Whisper White Cardstock to create the filler for the basket and then filled it up with goodies from the dollar store.

I had so much fun with this little basket. I hope you like it as much as I do.
On another note, I mentioned the other day that I went to Stampin' Up Regional Convention in Calgary last weekend.  While at the convention we did some Make and Takes!  Here are a couple of the fun projects from Stampin' Up.
 

 
Aren't they fun!  It is using the Stamp Set "Clockworks" which I do not have and really enjoyed using.  Do you like these?   This is the type of card we make at Stampin' Up Parties.  Has a hostess you will receive not only the benefits from the Catalogue and a special something form me but you and your guests will get to make a great project to take home.
 
To book a party with me just email me at janetyates@shaw.ca
 
“Creativity is contagious, pass it on” – Albert Einstein
 
 
Have a great weekend.
Janet Y
janetyates@shaw.ca 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...