Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

School's Out ...

Here in Calgary, Grade School usually ends for the year at the very end of June.  This year the end of June brought devastation to our Province and our City.  Floods closed down most of Calgary, including Downtown and All of the Schools in the city and surrounding areas.  Because of this some kids missed final exams, Grad and their last few days of school.   The School board was kind enough to open up for a half day on Thursday to allow children to say goodbye and collect belongings.

It also gave the kids the opportunity to thank their Teachers for all of the hard work they do all year.  This year I contributed to a gift card for my oldest daughters' teacher but I also made some little gifts for the end of year.

Right: We had a number of Teachers to Thank this year.  Jillian's Grade 3 Teacher as I said got a class gift but we also gave her this "Summer Survival Kit" with a beach towel, magazine and sunscreen.

I created the front of the card on MDS and then printed the top layer on Whisper White Card Stock.  I used my Label Framelits to cut it out and added it to the front of my Mambo/Pacific coloured card.

I got the idea for this from Pinterest.  I love that site.
 Below:  I also had a card for Jillian's Tutor.  She is a wonderful lady who was very helpful to Jillian over the year.   She is also a Steeped Tea representative so I thought this card would make her smile.
There is a removable bookmark on the card which is appropriate since she was helping Jillian with reading!




 
Above:  A number of years ago I created a gift box and added a spine to it to make it look like a small book!  Using my Simply Scored tool I created score marks in the spine to give it that book look.   I love this idea.  There are so many ways to make this unique and interesting, I mean face it there are thousands of books out there and the colours and styles are endless.

When I first created this I did not have a blog so my Demo (and now Up line) put it on her blog.  I changed things up a bit for this so it is easier to open.  Original post is Here but if you want the directions let me know and I will work on a Tutorial at some point.
 
I really hope Jillian's Piano teacher loves it as much as I do!


 Above:   These are the gifts for my youngest daughters Pre-school teachers, they are another Pinterest find!   This was a simple and pretty way to say thank you.  Plants and flowers are simple and thoughtful and this time of year we just love to have flowers everywhere.

I used some very old DSP from my stockpile to wrap the flowers. I added some butterflies and ribbon to spruce it up and then put a Starbucks Gift card in there for an extra little treat.
These Starbucks cards were perfect for this! I added some little butterflies for fun!








Well that is my quick post to showcase all of the Teachers gifts we made this year!  Sorry it is so late.  With everything going on in our community I just simply forgot to post it sooner.

To make a donation to Alberta Flood Relief visit www.redcross.ca

Have a wonderful Day!

Janet Y

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...