Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

From Swap to C.A.S.E -- Part 1

Swaps are one of the best parts of Convention but usually I make my trades,  look over the cards and pick one or two that I will case and the rest sit around in a box.   I have loads of swaps from over the years.

    This year I decided to try something a little different.   Instead of looking at the card for it's face value I looked at it as a starting point for inspiration.   Even if I did not love it upon first glance I looked closer for what I did love about it.  Maybe I was not a big fan of the colour or it was not my favourite stamp set but that does not mean it could not inspire me to create! 

C.A.S.E. stands for Copy And Share Everything so I thought I about that when I looked at each swap.  I have to say at Convention this year I got a lot of great swaps so I did not have to work hard to come up with my own version of these.

Over the next week or two I will be posting a series called Swap to CASE.  I will be giving you examples of the swaps I have received and how I recreated them with my own twist.  

Lets get started.  



The Card on the left is the Swap I received from Lynne Seijan.  On the right is my card.   I really love the designer tape and wanted to carry that over so I started with that.  I do not have the same stamp set but these little bats from the New Holiday Catalogue are totally adorable.  The Designer Series Paper is the same but I added a larger piece and downsized the top layer so you could see it a bit more.

I used Very Vanilla instead of Whisper White, changed up the sentiment to match my card and added bling (Rhinestones) mainly because I love bling!

One thing about swaps you should know is that most swaps are just a card front and therefore do not have a base attached.  I added a base to all of my cards but I tried not to change the layers too much otherwise.

Well that is my first card in my Swap to CASE series.  I have more on the way so keep checking back.

Janet Y


1 comment:

  1. I just saw a case of this card...they did say it came from you though. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...