Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Eye-Catching in Purple

Hello all.   I know, it has been awhile!  I had full intentions of getting this post out on Monday night but I started a new book.  I just finished it and I am back to reality!  I read "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.   Have you read this book? If you have you know what I mean when I say AHHHHHH!  If you have not, you should, if for no other reason than to see what all the fuss is about because believe me there is fuss!  (You could wait for the Ben Affleck movie but I would recommend reading the book first)

Have you ever watched a movie that was so intense and so frustrating you got up and yelled at the screen?!  This book was like that for me.   I still don't know if I liked it, well ok that is not entirely true. I did like it, in that way one might like a roller-coaster.  You feel ill all day but totally worth the ride.  This book is an absolute roller-coaster.    So that is why I am a little behind on my posts.

Well, back to my post.

I got my hands on one of Stampin' Up's new photopolymer stamp sets "Eye-Catching Ikat."  It is unique and fun with endless possibilities for both card making and scrap-booking.   I made this little gender-neutral card for just about any occasion.



 I used three shades of purple, Whisteria Wonder,  Perfect Plum, and Elegant Eggplant.  I used all three for both my ink and card stock.  I really like the combination of different shapes and designs.

Circles and Chevron collide.

To finish off the card I added a little "woo-hoo" word bubble from the "Just Sayin'" Stamp set.  

It was a very easy card that only took minutes!  This may be a new go-to stamp set for me.

Let me know what you think, about the card (or the book).  I would love to hear from you.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...