Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Pizza Muffins - No it's not a Crafting post!


I made these yesterday and they turned out pretty good. I made them a little bland because I was making them for my picky kids.   My husband wanted a batch with a bit more flavour.   So here we go.  

I got the original recipe from allrecipes.com but I changed it up a bit so I have put it on my blog for everyone who wanted the recipe I used.


2 1/2 cups   flour
2 tsp            baking powder
1/2 tsp         baking soda
1/2 tsp         salt
1 tsp            dried basil
1/2 tsp         dried oregano
2 cups          shredded cheese, divided
1                  egg beaten
1 3/4 cups    buttermilk

Optional add-ins -- I added 3/4 cup turkey pepperoni and pizza sauce, other ideas are sun-dried tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, bacon, olives and whatever else you like on pizza. 

Directions - Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Grease muffin cups, set aside

In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, basil and oregano. Stir until well blended. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of cheese and other add-ins.  

In another bowl beat egg and mix in buttermilk, combine with dry ingredients and blend well. 

Here is where I changed it a bit again.   I spooned just enough batter in to each muffin cup to fill the bottom and then added a teaspoon of pizza sauce to each.  I then added more batter to each cup.  I then put another teaspoon of pizza sauce and some cheese and pepperoni on top of each muffin.


Bake for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...